Posts tagged community
Posts tagged community
Apparently the shipwar is over, but, this is the only television couple that has ever ripped my heart out for the better part of seven months, and I am going to make you a list AS THOUGH I WERE STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.
Like all good lists, it will have 15 parts.
- They are both badbrains. I would end the list here, but I’d get too many nasty asks. Fandom is a dangerous place.
- Their badbrains complement one another very well. Troy can fix anything, but he’s not very booksmart. Abed is probably too smart, but he can’t read clocks or pay bills. Together, they make a functioning adult.
- Troy is the Messiah of Air Conditioning Repair. Abed has an evil doppleganger and occasionally tries to saw people’s arms off. Shipping them is like shipping Jesus/Lucifer.
- Abed never actually succeeds in sawing off people’s limbs with bone saws, because he has extension cord problems. Troy would remember the extension cord.
- THEY WOULD RATHER HIT EACH OTHER WITH PILLOWS. FOR. EVER. THAN STAY MAD AT EACH OTHER.
- Tory and Abed being boooooooyfriends.
- TROY WANTS TO GIVE ABED CHILDREN.
- Abed trusts Troy to tell him what to do sometimes.
- Troy loves Abed.
- Abed knows.
- Troy said “I know you hate it when people do this in movies” instead of “I love you.” The beauty of this is, that’s basically the purest declaration of love you could give Abed.
- When Troy is gone, Abed gets so scared that he turns into Evil!Abed, breaks Britta, goes on an Evil Montage, and tries to cut people’s limbs off with bone saws, requiring a healing speech from Jeff Winger.
- When Troy hugs Britta, there is sobbing. When Troy hugs Abed, we know that all is right with the world again.
- When Troy and Abed are fighting, the entire school has to pick sides. The world stops. Even Jeff Winger gets invested.
- The real reason I ship Trobed is because they’re beautiful people navigating a complicated relationship in painfully authentic ways that I never get to see portrayed. But they’re also hilarious, adorable, shipped by EVERY MEMBER OF THE STUDY GROUP, and they have their own secret world, as evidenced by their episode tags. And if I was in charge, the final tag of S4 would end in a kiss.